This is typically the first song of the dance. This song is reserved for the newlywed couple to dance to and is all too often a great photo opportunity. Traditionally this song is a slow dance, unless of course you are comfortable dancing in front of all your wedding guests at a faster pace together. Even though all eyes are going to be watching, have fun and savor the moment.
Often times the second dance is also reserved for the bride to dance with her father. This is not mandatory of course, but can be an enjoyable show for your guests. Just remember that it is your special day and you can mix things up however you please to accommodate your family, your traditions and your personal preferences.
If you are really not comfortable getting up and dancing in front of people you can always take dancing lessons to get your two left moving more harmoniously together.
Choosing your wedding song
If you have a special song between you and your fiancée, using it as your wedding song might be a special moment for you to play the song and dance to it.
Common weddings songs
People are often looking for ideas or inspiration when choosing a wedding song, so, if you have a special song you played for your wedding song that you would like to share with others on this site, send us an email and I will add it to the list.
Pop Wedding Songs
- Everything I do, I Do It For You, Bryan Adams
- Have I Told You Lately, Rod Stewart
- I Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston
- Lady In Red, Chris DeBurgh
- Love Of My Life, Carly Simon
- More Than Words, Extreme
- My One And Only Love, Sting
- Now That I Found You, Michael Bolton
- Save The Best For Last, Vanessa Williams
- To Be With You, Mr. Big
Classic Wedding Songs
- A Whole New World, Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight, Elton John
- Can't Help Falling In Love, Elvis Presley
- Endless Love, Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
- More Than Words Can Say, Alias
- Wonderful World, by Louis Armstrong
- You Are So Beautiful, Joe Cocker
Country Wedding Songs
- Annie's Song, John Denver
- Could I Have This Dance, Anne Murray
- Forever And Ever Amen, Randy Travis
- Love The World Away, Kenny Rogers
- You're Still The One, Shania Twain
Oldies Wedding Songs
- Always And Forever, Luther Vandross
- Because We Are In Love, The Carpenters
- It Had To Be You, Frank Sinatra
- Fly Me To The Moon, Tony Bennett
- Mona Lisa, Nat King Cole
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Frank Sinatra
- When We Get Married, Dreamlovers
Wedding song etiquette
If you are a guest at the wedding, do not dance during the first two songs! Chances are the bride, the groom or the brides father and other important weddings guests will not find this funny despite what you and your friends might think. This is a special dance to special song, so be patient, there will be plenty more chances to dance.
Make sure your DJ, your MC or band knows to announce these special reserved songs and for the bride and groom and/or the bride and the bride's father. These are usually done right away as it is easiest to keep the dance floor clear for the special wedding songs at that time.
If you are thinking of giving music CDs to your guests as your wedding favor, including the wedding song on your CD would be an obvious thing to include.